Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Show Image When File Opened

How can I get a logo image to show for a couple of seconds every time
a file is opened?
Hide the image on a sheet then unhide it??
Cheers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make the logo visible and then invisiable. Other method would be to put logo
in unsed area of workbook and move to the logo and then move back to where
your data is located.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

'move to worksheet and cell where logo is located
Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("Z10").Activate

For Each pict In ActiveSheet.Shapes
If pict.Name = "Picture 1" Then
Set logo = pict
Exit For
End If
Next pict

logo.Visible = True

newHour = Hour(Now())
newMinute = Minute(Now())
newSecond = Second(Now()) + 10
waitTime = TimeSerial(newHour, newMinute, newSecond)
Application.wait waitTime
logo.Visible = False

End Sub

"bony_tony" wrote:

How can I get a logo image to show for a couple of seconds every time
a file is opened?
Hide the image on a sheet then unhide it??
Cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

One option would be to have your logo image on a form, and put the following
code in the Activate event:

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
UserForm1.Repaint
PauseTime = 2 ' Set duration in seconds