Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ScreenUpdating = FALSE

I would like to turn off screen updating while my sub runs. If I turn off
screen updating within the sub, it does not turn off. If I turn off screen
updating in a second sub that calls the first, it turns off.

Any thoughts why I have to use the 2nd sub - I would prefer to accomplish
this within a single sub.

Sub Aggregate()
Dim ...
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Load frm_Offsets
"do VBA stuff"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Sub Spread_test()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Call Aggregate
End Sub

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It should work the same in either case. There's got to be something else
going on. Anyway the ScreenUpdating in Aggregate is getting skipped? Can
you repro this in a simpler example?

--
Jim
"Cinque Terra" wrote in message
I would like to turn off screen updating while my sub runs. If I turn off
screen updating within the sub, it does not turn off. If I turn off
screen
updating in a second sub that calls the first, it turns off.

Any thoughts why I have to use the 2nd sub - I would prefer to accomplish
this within a single sub.

Sub Aggregate()
Dim ...
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Load frm_Offsets
"do VBA stuff"
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Sub Spread_test()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Call Aggregate
End Sub

Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it's hard to say. try adding something like this and see if it's ever set to
false

Debug.Print Application.ScreenUpdating
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.ScreenUpdating = False