Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pop Reminder

I have a excel spreadsheet that contains the date a request is received and
the date the request is due to the customers. How do I create a popup that
alerts the user three days prior to the due date, which request are due? I
will need for the popup to activate everytime the spreadsheet is opened.

Thanks you much
--
tmdrake
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Change Ranges to suit and bobs your uncle.

Sub Pop()

Dim PopDate As Range
Dim DueDate As Range

Set PopDate = Range("A1")
Set DueDate = Range("B1")

If PopDate = DueDate - 3 Then
MsgBox "Riminder goes here"

"tmdrake" wrote:

I have a excel spreadsheet that contains the date a request is received and
the date the request is due to the customers. How do I create a popup that
alerts the user three days prior to the due date, which request are due? I
will need for the popup to activate everytime the spreadsheet is opened.

Thanks you much
--
tmdrake

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"tmdrake" wrote:
I have a excel spreadsheet that contains the date a request is received and
the date the request is due to the customers. How do I create a popup that
alerts the user three days prior to the due date, which request are due? I
will need for the popup to activate everytime the spreadsheet is opened.

Thanks you much
--
tmdrake

If you want this to run every time the worksheet is opened, place this
code in "ThisWorkbook" code section in the Visual Basic Editor (Alt
+F11 from Excel):

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim PopDate As Range
Dim DueDate As Range

Set PopDate = Range("A1")
Set DueDate = Range("B1")

If PopDate = DueDate - 3 Then
Call MsgBox("This is a reminder that requests are
due.",vbokonly,"Notice")

If you want to produce a list of requests that are due, you could do
that too - it's just a matter of making an array of all cases in which
they're due (post here if you need more help).
HTH

Chris