Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Properties get lost

I have an large Excel / Vba dictator application that has was
converted to Vista / Excel 2007 many months ago. I have started to
see a very serious issue in which some Excel properties are lost or no
longer set. For example, activeworkbook.fullname will return the
complete path and name of the file, but activeworkbook.path will
return an empty string. The property Application.name will correctly
return Excel, but application.version returns nothing. All methods
that I have tried seem to work, I can do an activeworkbook.save and it
will save. I can toggle properties on and off (ie EnableEvents).

When I get into this state, I cannot recover without closing doen
Excel. The error is very intermittant, I cannot recreate the error.
It seems to occur when the file is left alone without interaction for
a few minutes.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thanks
Darryl