Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ComboBox

I'm trying to select the entire text in a combobox when the combbox is
dbl clicked.
The sample I'm using at:

What happens using the above example is when I dbl click the existing
entry it will ""Highlight" the
text value up to the first character. I'm trying to get to select the
entire text.
Example"

Say January is already the text, now when I dbl click "anuary" is
selected leaving "J"un selected..
I wish to select the entire word. I've researched this and have not
found a solution.
Can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 12, 1:21 pm, wrote:
I'm trying to select the entire text in a combobox when the combbox is
dbl clicked.
The sample I'm using at:

What happens using the above example is when I dbl click the existing
entry it will ""Highlight" the
text value up to the first character. I'm trying to get to select the
entire text.
Example"

Say January is already the text, now when I dbl click "anuary" is
selected leaving "J"un selected..
I wish to select the entire word. I've researched this and have not
found a solution.
Can this be done?

Why are you trying to do this? Perhaps there's a different way to
accomplish what you need.
Don't forget that Form1.ComboBox1.Value is the entire text of the
selected item...

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 12, 1:48 pm, cht13er wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:21 pm, wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I know you can set it to blank when dbl click,
but I was trying to help a friend and they made the requested and I
could not find a way of doing it.
Thats why I'm not sure if it can be done.