Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Usedrange copy- paste : Blank rows filled in black color

Hi,

I have to consolidated sheets from various workbooks in a worksheet.
As the source worksheets contain blank blank rows between data, I am
copying the Worksheet.usedrange and pasting it in the destination
worksheet. On pasting in the destination worksheet, the blank rows
are being filled in black color. Can anybody shed light on why this is
happening?

When I try to remove the black color using "No fill", it does not
work. However, using Edit--Clear-Formats, I can remove the black
color.

I am using this line for the copy paste operation:
ws.UsedRange.Copy
Destination:=rspworkbook.Worksheets(rspDestination sheet).Range("a65536").End(xlUp).Offset(2,
0)

(where rspworkbook = Destination workbook)

How can I get rid of the black color?
Is there a better way to copy usedranges and paste it in the worksheet
in the other workbook?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
Raj

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Raj wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson- Hide quoted text -

In frustration, I closed the workbook. When I ran the macros again
half an hour later, the black color problem was not longer there!! I
have not saved the "blackened" workbook for research. Thanks, Dave,
anyway. (Maybe, the problem was somewhere outside Excel)

Regards,
Raj