Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I copy color text & paste keeping color

How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its
origianl color?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

1. In cell A1 I have the word smith with a background colour of yellow.

2. Do a Ctrl-C in cell A1 to copy the cell contents.

3. Do a Ctrl-V in cell D8 (for example) and cell contents are copied across
with identical formats.

Thanks.

"bduck" wrote:

How do you copy text from a cell and paste it to another cell and Keep its
origianl color?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doesn't it paste the formatting for you when you just do a copy|paste?

If no, you may want to explain what you're doing and what happens.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy the cell, rather than copying from the formula bar.
--
David Biddulph