Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assigning a Macro to Checkbox on a worksheet

I am having difficulty assigning a small macro to a checkbox i have on a sheet.

I right click on the checkbox to assign a macro and have this :

Sub checkbox10_click()

End Sub

I simply want a basic ocurance such as:

If the checkbox is TICKED then Range("C32").value = "Hello" and Range("C33").value = "Goodbye"

Else if the Checkbox is NOT TICKED then both C32 and C33 to be empty (="")

I cannot get the correct syntax for the checkbox??

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
try this.....
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
Range("C32").Value = "Hello"
Range("C33").Value = "Goodbye"
Else
Range("C32").Value = ""
Range("C33").Value = ""

regards
FSt1
"Corey" wrote:

I am having difficulty assigning a small macro to a checkbox i have on a sheet.

I right click on the checkbox to assign a macro and have this :

Sub checkbox10_click()

End Sub

I simply want a basic ocurance such as:

If the checkbox is TICKED then Range("C32").value = "Hello" and Range("C33").value = "Goodbye"

Else if the Checkbox is NOT TICKED then both C32 and C33 to be empty (="")

I cannot get the correct syntax for the checkbox??

Corey....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't tell us what checkbox contol you are using.
So if your using a forms control checkbox this should work
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If [Check Box 1].Value 0 Then
Range("C32").Value = "Hello"
Range("C33").Value = "Goodbye"