Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Moving timeline

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a timeline in excel, that has a
realtime line in the middle of the sheet and the sheet drifts by using
realtime as center (sort of a movement report sheet for following movements
where you have 24 hours pr day, and can put in markings for an aircraft (or
several) and it drifts by folowing the computer clock?) I am trying to make
it to follow aircraft movements (3-10 sectors pr day) which will help me hold
track of all movements. Idea is to fill in as we set up flights and show this
"moving timeline" on a screen in the office so all can follow all movements
and keep track. I know this might seem complicated and if any other program
than excel can be easier, please recomend one:-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 5, 11:16*am, Sjefsfragle
wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a timeline in excel, that has a
realtime line in the middle of the sheet and the sheet drifts by using
realtime as center (sort of a movement report sheet for following movements
where you have 24 hours pr day, and can put in markings for an aircraft (or
several) and it drifts by folowing the computer clock?) I am trying to make
it to follow aircraft movements (3-10 sectors pr day) which will help me hold
track of all movements. Idea is to fill in as we set up flights and show this
"moving timeline" on a screen in the office so all can follow all movements
and keep track. I know this might seem complicated and if any other program
than excel can be easier, please recomend one:-)

Hi,

Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but here goes:

Public RunWhen As Double
Public Const cRunIntervalSeconds = 2 ' two seconds
Public Const cRunWhat = "The_Sub" ' name of procedure to run

Sub StartTimer()
RunWhen = Now() + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime EarliestTime:=RunWhen, Procedu=cRunWhat,
Schedule:=True
End Sub

Sub LoopTimer()
RunWhen = RunWhen + TimeSerial(0, 0, cRunIntervalSeconds)
Application.OnTime EarliestTime:=RunWhen, Procedu=cRunWhat,
Schedule:=True
End Sub

Sub The_Sub()
With Range("C9:L11")
.Columns(1).Offset(0, .Columns.Count) = .Columns(1).Value
.Value = .Offset(0, 1).Value
End With
LoopTimer
End Sub

Stick some data in range C9:L11 and then run the 'StartTimer' macro.
This will give a demonstration of the technique at least. If it is
what you want, then just change the range to scroll and the interval
and there you go.

Unfortunately I can't take credit from this, it is a modification of
code from he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

This site will also give you tips on how to stop the timer as well,
which is something I didn't include.

Cheers,
Ivan.