Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Finding Excel version using Excel 4.0 Macro.

Hi,

I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know what
version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let me know
how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=GET.WORKSPACE(2)

--
Jim
"CdSlc" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know what
| version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let me
know
| how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
GET.WORKSPACE(2)

Will return the Excel version as text (eg "11.0" for Excel 2003)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"CdSlc" a écrit dans le message de news:

I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know what
version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let me
know
how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you, Jim. Thank you very much. You da man!!!!

I searched for this issue of getting Excel version in Excel macro help file,
did not find anything. Never, never in my wildest dream would I have thought
about checking in GET.WORKSPACE. Did google and found lots of VBA help but
nothing about 4.0 macro.

I have posted Excel 4.0 macro questions at other forums and nobody has any
answer for it. Maybe both of us are the only last two person in this whole
wide world who still uses Excel 4.0 macro.

Once again, thank you very much for your help.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

=GET.WORKSPACE(2)

--
Jim
"CdSlc" wrote in message
| Hi,
|
| I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know what
| version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let me
know
| how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Pascal for your help.

Now one more dumb question...
In Excel 4.0 macro, I have written this command like
"ExcelVersionString=GET.WORKSPACE(2)". In the variable "ExcelVersionString",
I have a string value "10.0" or "11.0" or "12.0", etc. Now, how do I convert
this string to an integer and store it in a variable say
"ExcelVersionInteger" so that I can just do an "if ExcelVersionInteger 11"
kind of comparison?

Thanks.

"papou" wrote:

Hi
GET.WORKSPACE(2)

Will return the Excel version as text (eg "11.0" for Excel 2003)

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"CdSlc" a écrit dans le message de news:

I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know what
version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let me
know
how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ExcelVersionNumber=VALUE(GET.WORKSPACE(2))

--
Jim
"CdSlc" wrote in message
| Thanks Pascal for your help.
|
| Now one more dumb question...
| In Excel 4.0 macro, I have written this command like
| "ExcelVersionString=GET.WORKSPACE(2)". In the variable
"ExcelVersionString",
| I have a string value "10.0" or "11.0" or "12.0", etc. Now, how do I
convert
| this string to an integer and store it in a variable say
| "ExcelVersionInteger" so that I can just do an "if ExcelVersionInteger
11"
| kind of comparison?
|
| Thanks.
|
| "papou" wrote:
|
| Hi
| GET.WORKSPACE(2)
|
| Will return the Excel version as text (eg "11.0" for Excel 2003)
|
| HTH
| Cordially
| Pascal
|
| "CdSlc" a écrit dans le message de
| Hi,
|
| I have to write some specific code for Excel 2007, so I need to know
what
| version of Excel my macros are running under. Can anybody please let
me
| know
| how to find the Excel version using Excel 4.0 macro?
|
| Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot, Jim for your very quick response. You have been a life-saver.

As you can see from my question, I am a total rookie with Excel 4 macros. I
am just trying to make an application written like ages ago, to run on Excel
2007 with minimal code changes.