Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default A way to link multiple workbooks to one

I have been tasked with linking about 30 workbooks with 1 worksheet
each to one master workbook. We work different shifts and they want to
be able to get the data even if someone isn't here. Currently we are
copying and pasting the data. I was going to do a macro until they
told me about getting the data from a closed workbook. I haven't done
VB in years so I am quite stuck, any help is greatly appreciated. I
have already tried to convince them to use access and then I could
just do a sql script for them to do the reports but that didn't work.