Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't find my VBA code

I added a button, btnPrint, to my spreadsheet, and wrote some code. The
next day, I wanted to make changes to the code, and I could not find it. I
was able to open the VBA window, but the code was not there, nor did I see
any reference to btnPrint. The button works, so the code must be in there
somewhere. How do I get to it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it is a control button Right Click on the button and then select view
Code. You may have to click on the Design button first in order to allow you
to right click on it.
If it is a form and not a control button, then right click on it and select
assign macro, then select edit or step in.

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Bev Kaufman" wrote:

I added a button, btnPrint, to my spreadsheet, and wrote some code. The
next day, I wanted to make changes to the code, and I could not find it. I
was able to open the VBA window, but the code was not there, nor did I see
any reference to btnPrint. The button works, so the code must be in there
somewhere. How do I get to it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did right click on the button and then press the View Code button. This
brought up the VBA code window, but the code was not there. I could see the
four sheets plus another called This Worksheet, but there was no code for
btnPrint, nor was that control - or any control - visible in any of the
dropdowns.
I am certain that this was not a macro I created, which I believe involves
the recording of key strokes. I used the Printout command.

BTW, this is an old version of Excel, 2000. If that has anything to do with
the problem.

"Bev Kaufman" wrote:

I added a button, btnPrint, to my spreadsheet, and wrote some code. The
next day, I wanted to make changes to the code, and I could not find it. I
was able to open the VBA window, but the code was not there, nor did I see
any reference to btnPrint. The button works, so the code must be in there
somewhere. How do I get to it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this:
In the VBA code Window from the Main Menu Click on View - Object Browser
and on the pop up window where it reads All Libraries Select the Name of the
project you are working on(this could be your file Name) and on the left
bottom section you will see the classes, click on the class that shows the
sheet name where you placed the button, and on your right you will see the
Members of that Class your code should be listed there under btnPrint or
check all of those that have a green icon on them.
Hope this helps.