Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LF: verify that proper file is being used.

Hi,

I have a somewhat weird request.

I have made a sheet that its been used at work to track activities by
the employees.
This is done by sending them an email with the attachment every month
and they need to save it on their personal folder in their computer.
(this is a locked environement, we only have access to the My
documents folder and have limited space as well)

The problem that I am facing is that some people instead of using the
same file all the time as they should, they save it under a different
name and the next day use it, and the day after they use the original
file and so on.
This messes up the tracking. I need to prevent that.

Can the FILE-SAVE AS be disabled?
This would solve my problem, but there is an issue with it because
when people open the attachment on their email they have to use SAVE
AS to save the file to their folder... so it cant be disabled the
first time the file is opened...

What sugestions do you have to verify that the correct file is being
used?
(I hope this is clear?)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
1) Hide all columns and Password protect the spreadsheet for all
modifications.
2) In the workbook open event, compare the current path and file name with
what they should be (use CONST File="ABC.XLS", CONST Path="C:\Windows\".
If the full filename matches what's expected, then programatically
unprotect, unhide columns.
3) Make sure your password protect the code also (for viewing and breaking).

Regards,
Martin

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the sugestion.

The problem with it is that the only folder availble to the users is
"My Documents" but they are allowed to have folder inside it, so your
sugestion doesnt work. :(

Can the SAVE AS be disabled?