Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find the login time of the current Windows user

Hi,

My goal is to be able to insert the login time of the current Windows
user into a cell in Excel. I have searched the net extensively, but
although there are plenty of ways to find the user NAME, i can't find
any way to find the time that they logged in. Windows obviously
records this info (it is displayed in the Windows Security box if you
hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, as well as in event log etc etc).

I am guessing I will need API calls which is fine, but I have no idea
where to start.

Any help appreciated,
Ivan.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Does this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...=en-us&m=1&p=1

Regards,
Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"Ivyleaf" wrote:

Hi,

My goal is to be able to insert the login time of the current Windows
user into a cell in Excel. I have searched the net extensively, but
although there are plenty of ways to find the user NAME, i can't find
any way to find the time that they logged in. Windows obviously
records this info (it is displayed in the Windows Security box if you
hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, as well as in event log etc etc).

I am guessing I will need API calls which is fine, but I have no idea
where to start.

Any help appreciated,
Ivan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately no. What I am trying to
establish through code is the time the user logged in to Windows, not
just Excel or the workbook. There must be some API call somewhere I'm
sure to determine this, but I'm stuffed if I can find how or what, and
although I am proficient in VBA, I haven't dealt much with API's to
know where to start tinkering myself.

Thanks anyway,
Ivan.

On Mar 29, 2:30*am, ryguy7272
wrote:
Does this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm....mspx?dg=micro...

Regards,
Ryan---
--
RyGuy

"Ivyleaf" wrote:
Hi,

My goal is to be able to insert the login time of the current Windows
user into a cell in Excel. I have searched the net extensively, but
although there are plenty of ways to find the user NAME, i can't find
any way to find the time that they logged in. Windows obviously
records this info (it is displayed in the Windows Security box if you
hit Ctrl+Alt+Del, as well as in event log etc etc).

I am guessing I will need API calls which is fine, but I have no idea
where to start.

Any help appreciated,
Ivan.- Hide quoted text -