Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel + Word + popup screen before entering data (mail merge)

Dear all,

I want to do these things via Word:

1. before creating a letter via mail merge, Word has to ASK to user to
select a certain field from an Excel sheet

QUESTION "Select the recipient of this letter:" and then a number you
have to fill in / based on this answer (the number), Word can fill in
the recipient data (which Word should take from this Excel sheet)

2. then, again before creating this letter, Word also has to ASK once
again a certain field from an Excel sheet and THEN based on the
answer, Word should be able to fill in automatically some other fields

"What family will the person visit?" = based on this answer, Word
will select certain fields (e.g. the family's name and the number of
children they have)

Is this possible? All data is on ONE Excel sheet already (which should
be more easy as Word has one datasource then)...

Thank you in advance!

Fred;