Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
iop iop is offline

Default How to protect some specific module in VBA project?

As we know, we can protect the whole VBA project. but if i want to protect
one or two modules in a VBA project. How to do so?
thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put them in a separate file ?

Tim

"iop" wrote in message
As we know, we can protect the whole VBA project. but if i want to protect
one or two modules in a VBA project. How to do so?
thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
iop iop is offline

there are some common functions and procedures in my module, and now, i want
to protect this module.
if i put them in another separate file, can i call the functions and
procedures easily and efficiently? i've no idea of this.
thanks!!

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Put them in a separate file ?

Tim

"iop" wrote in message
As we know, we can protect the whole VBA project. but if i want to protect
one or two modules in a VBA project. How to do so?
thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could set a reference to your other file (make it an addin) and call
procedures directly.

Otherwise you maybe able to use Application.Run for your needs. Note you
cannot pass objects, arguments are byVal. Functions can return values or an
array, but not an object. If need to handle objects, pass names or index's
with as much qualification as needs.

Regards,
Peter T

"iop" wrote in message
there are some common functions and procedures in my module, and now, i

want
to protect this module.
if i put them in another separate file, can i call the functions and
procedures easily and efficiently? i've no idea of this.
thanks!!

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Put them in a separate file ?

Tim