Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula for counting minute intervals

I need help creating a formula! I have to keep track of my time and it goes
by minutes. If there is no activity after 7 minutes, the system assumes I've
taken a break. From the system I'm able to copy my time and paste it into an
excel sheet.
For instance, these are my times this morning:
10:29:00 AM
10:31:00 AM
10:31:00 AM
10:32:00 AM
10:32:00 AM
10:32:00 AM
10:37:00 AM
10:37:00 AM
10:40:00 AM
10:52:00 AM
10:52:00 AM
11:16:00 AM
11:16:00 AM
In the next column, I want to have a formula that counts the minutes that
have passed and if there is a break (7 minute interval) mark the cell red or
yellow.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if your list of times is in column A,
put this formula in column B:

=IF(ISERROR(MINUTE(A9-A8)),"",MINUTE(A9-A8))

then select column b, Choose "Conditional Formatting", from the Format
menu, and enter the criteria and formatting you desire.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I figured out how to put the blank instead of a 0 (through Tools/Options/View
- Zere Values).
I did notice that when there is a different hour, that the formula will just
look at the minute section. For instance:
12:08:00 PM
12:12:00 PM
12:12:00 PM
12:15:00 PM
5:19:00 PM
5:19:00 PM
5:25:00 PM
Between 12:15 and 5:19, I get 4 minutes. How do I get it to tell me 5 hours
4 minutes or 304 minutes?

"dan dungan" wrote:

if your list of times is in column A,
put this formula in column B:

=IF(ISERROR(MINUTE(A9-A8)),"",MINUTE(A9-A8))

then select column b, Choose "Conditional Formatting", from the Format
menu, and enter the criteria and formatting you desire.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this:

=(A2-A1)*24*60