Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default set color of textbox (shape) bullets

I want to change the color of bullets in a textbox (shape) in XL 2007, but
keep getting errors. this is what I have tried:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange .ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Font.Color = 255

similarly, when I try to change the font name, character, or other
attributes of the bullet, this works just fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shouldn't the color be defined in RGB

ActiveSheet.Shapes"TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange _
.Format.Bullet.Font.Color = RGB(255, 0, 0)

"Pat D" wrote:

I want to change the color of bullets in a textbox (shape) in XL 2007, but
keep getting errors. this is what I have tried:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange .ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Font.Color = 255

similarly, when I try to change the font name, character, or other
attributes of the bullet, this works just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes, i'm using XL07.

the statement I execute is:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange .Formatparagraph.Bullet.Font.Color = 255

error message:

Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method

FYI: the following statements DO work:

Set the bullet character to ASCII(100)
ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange .ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Character = 100

Set the text color to 125 (brown-ish):
ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame.Characters .Font.Color = 125

"Pat D" wrote:

I want to change the color of bullets in a textbox (shape) in XL 2007, but
keep getting errors. this is what I have tried:

ActiveSheet.Shapes("TESTBOX").TextFrame2.TextRange .ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Font.Color = 255

similarly, when I try to change the font name, character, or other
attributes of the bullet, this works just fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try this,

..TextFrame2.TextRange.ParagraphFormat.Bullet.Font .Fill.ForeColor.RGB = _
vbRed

Cheers
Andy

--