Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cutting and Pasting Cells into a shape or textbox

I have some cells of data where I would like to cut or copy the cells into
either a shape or textbox....can this be done?
--
Gator
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. create a textbox using the Drawing ToolBar
2. select the cell
3. copy the contents from the formula bar
4. paste into the textbox
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"Gator" wrote:

I have some cells of data where I would like to cut or copy the cells into
either a shape or textbox....can this be done?
--
Gator

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do that with a macro.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

"Gator" wrote:

I have some cells of data where I would like to cut or copy the cells into
either a shape or textbox....can this be done?
--
Gator

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is just an example:

Sub Macro1()
Dim s As String
s = ""
For Each r In Selection
s = s & r.Value & Chr(10)
Next
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 404.25, 88.5, _
187.5, 75#).Select
Selection.Characters.Text = s
End Sub

I put a hard retrun between each cell's data.

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794