Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Help

Hi

I am an access programmer, so not entirely sure about using VB in excel.

I have created a small macro in excel and I want to put it on a button, but
excel will only allow me to attach the macro when i'm in the worksheet i
created it in.

I need to put this macro on a button so that it appears everytime the user
opens excel, can someone help me do this please.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gillian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put the button in the tool bars instead of on the worksheet

1) Rght click on the tool bar area on the top of the worksheet
2) Customize
3) Tab - commands
4) Category - Macro
5) Custom Button

"gdonald20" wrote:

Hi

I am an access programmer, so not entirely sure about using VB in excel.

I have created a small macro in excel and I want to put it on a button, but
excel will only allow me to attach the macro when i'm in the worksheet i
created it in.

I need to put this macro on a button so that it appears everytime the user
opens excel, can someone help me do this please.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gillian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the help.

The problem is slightly more complicated than i previously wrote, my brain
was half asleep.

I actually need to have this button on each of my users computer.

To do this do i need to go round each of the computers and create the macro
on every computer?

Thanks

Gillian

"gdonald20" wrote:

Hi

I am an access programmer, so not entirely sure about using VB in excel.

I have created a small macro in excel and I want to put it on a button, but
excel will only allow me to attach the macro when i'm in the worksheet i
created it in.

I need to put this macro on a button so that it appears everytime the user
opens excel, can someone help me do this please.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gillian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure why you need something install on every PC. there is a startup file
(personbal.xls) you can to the XLSTART directory. the location of XLSTART
varies depending on which version of excel you have. Sometimes it is in
Program files, other times it is in Documents and Settings.

You write a macro which every user can run that will install the
personal.xls file.

"gdonald20" wrote:

Hi

I am an access programmer, so not entirely sure about using VB in excel.

I have created a small macro in excel and I want to put it on a button, but
excel will only allow me to attach the macro when i'm in the worksheet i
created it in.

I need to put this macro on a button so that it appears everytime the user
opens excel, can someone help me do this please.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gillian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again.

My users each have an access front end, and there is a button which creates
an excel file.

In the excel file one of the fields is a string path for an image, the macro
i wrote inserts the corresponding picture into the excel sheet.

Every user can create the excel download so every user needs the macro on
their machine.

Gillian