Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MACRO NEEDED TO MAKE SPREADSHEET PROFESSIONAL

Hi, is it possible to creat this by macro ( please see below)
Message should come up
PLEASE WAIT..
PLEASE WAIT....
PLEASE WAIT......
PLEASE WAIT........
and once spreadsheet been update by another macro the message should
say
UPDATED
I just want a macro to creat above message, like when you install some
software and you get messages that "wait its installing" etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 20, 11:29*am, K wrote:
Hi, is it possible to creat this by macro ( please see below)
Message should come up
PLEASE WAIT..
PLEASE WAIT....
PLEASE WAIT......
PLEASE WAIT........
and once spreadsheet been update by another macro the message should
say
UPDATED
I just want a macro to creat above message, like when you install some
software and you get messages that "wait its installing" etc.

Yes, it is possible.

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoyne...o-answers.html

If you want guidance or instructions on how to do so, I need to know
what you're looking for.

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://homepages.tesco.net/J.deBoyne...ns-with-yes-or...

If you want guidance or instructions on how to do so, I need to know
what you're looking for.

Chris

I have macro which is set on a button in a spreadsheet and few other
colleagues use that spreadsheet as well. The macro basically get data
from other sheet and update the current sheet. I want macro to put
before the present macro so when someone hit the button the message
should come up saying "PLEASE WAITE......." and the dots after word
"PLESE WAITE" should increase and decrease, as happens when you
install some software then my present macro should run and after when
the present macro finish updating the spreadsheet the message should
come up saying "UPDATED". please explain brefly how this can be done.
Many Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You want something like a modeless userform that updates itself. For
example:

http://j-walk.com/ss/Excel/tips/tip34.htm

For a simple solution, just use the status bar. It's at the bottom of
the Excel window where it usually says "Ready" at the bottom. For
example

Application.Statusbar = "Running macro now..."

And when it's done:

Application.Statusbar = False

HTH,
JP

On Mar 20, 12:35*pm, K wrote:

I have macro which is set on a button in a spreadsheet and few other
colleagues use that spreadsheet as well. *The macro basically get data
from other sheet and update the current sheet. *I want macro to put
before the present macro so when someone hit the button the message
should come up saying "PLEASE WAITE......." and the dots after word
"PLESE WAITE" should increase and decrease, as happens when you
install some software then my present macro should run and after when
the present macro finish updating the spreadsheet the message should
come up saying "UPDATED". please explain brefly how this can be done.
Many Thanks- Hide quoted text -