Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Centering and warping text

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code.

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").Value = _
"This text should wrap in a cell."
Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").WrapText = True

Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B2").HorizontalAlignme nt = xlCenter

"Nils Titley" wrote:

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code.

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I appreciate your suggestion but I am not working with Worksheets or Ranges.
Workbooks and ActiveCell.

Isn't there another way to do what I need to do?

Thanks

"Nils Titley" wrote:

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code.

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nils Titley" wrote:

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. *How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code. * * * *

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Isn't the technique the same? Does something like this work?:

Worksheets(ActiveWorkbook).Range(ActiveCell).Horiz ontalAlignment =
xlCenter

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are working in Excel, it is pretty hard to not work with worksheets
and ranges, unless you are doing charts. <g That said, here is some
different syntax that you might be more comfortable with.

ActiveWorkbook.ActiveCell.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenter
ActiveWorkbook.Selection.WrapText = True

"Nils Titley" wrote:

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code.

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can also set these attributes manually in Excel on the Format menu. Just
click FormatAlignment then check wrap text and select your alignment in the
drop down box and click OK. You don't need code for this unless you are
building the sheet format entirely through code.

"Nils Titley" wrote:

For my headers on a report I am creating, I need to be able to center
justification and wrap the text. How do I do that in association with this
code or before the code.

ActiveCell.Offset(0, 0).Value = "Date"

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am a programmer but I have done mostly C, ADA etc with Simulators. I am
helpinig a friend build a macro to process data so I am learning what I need
to know to do what he needs so I am not up to speed.

What cht13er suggested worked and I will try your suggestion.

Thanks for the help

text centering AlanW Excel Programming 1 September 1st 07 08:22 AM
Centering Text Not Working caldog Excel Programming 5 December 21st 05 01:42 AM
Centering MsgBox text Patrick Excel Programming 2 February 17th 05 07:49 PM
Centering the text in a message box Rob_T Excel Programming 2 October 10th 04 01:12 AM
Centering the text in a message box Rob_T Excel Programming 4 October 8th 04 10:02 AM