Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last Cell

To All

I was wondering if you could help me with my problem.

If you have data in your worksheet and you say delete all the data in the
last row, when you say F5 (Goto) "Special" and select "Last Cell" then it
will always go to the data row that you have just deleted. There seems no
way to get the "Last Cell" to update to where the last data is. Does anyone
know to resolve this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Deleting the data won't impact the "Last Cell". The "Last Cell" doesn't
refer to the current data. It refers to the last cell that ever had any
activity (including cell formatting, but not entire row/column formatting).

You'll need to:
.. Delete the extra rows and columns
.. Save the workbook

Depending on your version of Excel..
.. Close/re-open the workbook

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Bill" wrote in message
To All

I was wondering if you could help me with my problem.

If you have data in your worksheet and you say delete all the data in the
last row, when you say F5 (Goto) "Special" and select "Last Cell" then it
will always go to the data row that you have just deleted. There seems no
way to get the "Last Cell" to update to where the last data is. Does
anyone know to resolve this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Save and close the workbook and open it up again and try again - the last
cell should have been reset.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Bill" wrote in message
To All

I was wondering if you could help me with my problem.

If you have data in your worksheet and you say delete all the data in the
last row, when you say F5 (Goto) "Special" and select "Last Cell" then it
will always go to the data row that you have just deleted. There seems no
way to get the "Last Cell" to update to where the last data is. Does
anyone know to resolve this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Using UsedRange resets this.

Dim rngUsed As Excel.Range = sh.UsedRange

Thanks all for quick responses.