Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default multiple users saving to a workbook

morning all (or afternoon / evening depending on when you read this)

im working on creating a little activity counting tool for a team we have
that has no idea how many times they do something and dont want to use paper
to count

anyway i have 2 spreadsheet workbooks
the first is a simple sheet with 5 form buttons, each button linked to code
that will open up a different spreadsheet, insert row, add activity details,
save and close

now my goal is to have 10people have the buttons spreadsheet open, and as
they do something just click the button each time they do it
however on testing with just 2 people if we both tried to do at same time it
came up with an error saying no can do or do it later

any suggestions

thanks
me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use the following to save to a file

boFileOpen = False
Do
Set wbDest = Workbooks.Open("QuestionnaireDB.xls", , , , conPW_DB)
If wbDest.ReadOnly = True Then
wbDest.Close
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:01"))
Else: boFileOpen = True
End If
Loop Until boFileOpen = True

HTH