Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JU JU is offline

Default SHdocVw event problem

Hi,

There is a webbrowser component as a part of my app. I need it to run without any user interaction (no dialog boxes, msgboxes, runtime errors). What it does (or should do :) is getting link collection, process them in underlayed Excel sheet (compare, filter and so on) and then visit each of the linked page, grab the content, parse some data, process and display.
The problem is:
I'd like to avoid even attempt to open files such as doc, pdf, ppt, etc. which cause displaying dialog box (Open, Save, Cancel) thus need user attention.
Event object.Filedownload never fires. It is supposed to fire before that dialog box is displayed and theoretically can trigger sub to handle it e.g. Cancel = True.
Any tips?

Regards,
Jarek