Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

I've written several VBA macros in Excel to collect data from selec
websites daily, but would like to speed up the process. Currently,
just open each webpage as a workbook which can take a lot of tim
depending on the amount of graphics on the pages.

A book says it is possible to create hidden instances of IE, openin
script files and scanning for the information wanted. Yet VBA reject
the following line saying that "User-defined type not defined."

Dim oIE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

How and where do I find the correct object library and how do I instal
it? or is ther just something I am doing wrong? I have IE 6.0 an
scanned and found SHDocVw.dll.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and scroll down
to Microsoft Internet Controls and put a check next to it.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Pslm1271 " wrote in
message ...
I've written several VBA macros in Excel to collect data from

select
websites daily, but would like to speed up the process.

Currently, I
just open each webpage as a workbook which can take a lot of

time
depending on the amount of graphics on the pages.

A book says it is possible to create hidden instances of IE,

opening
script files and scanning for the information wanted. Yet VBA

rejects
the following line saying that "User-defined type not defined."

Dim oIE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

How and where do I find the correct object library and how do I

install
it? or is ther just something I am doing wrong? I have IE 6.0

and
scanned and found SHDocVw.dll.

Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

to add another approach:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP12.phx .gbl

I was successful with innertext while the OP used innerhtml I think both
are valid, but it may depend on the what you want and what is available on
the page.

Tom Ogilvy

"Pslm1271 " wrote in message
I've written several VBA macros in Excel to collect data from select
websites daily, but would like to speed up the process. Currently, I
just open each webpage as a workbook which can take a lot of time
depending on the amount of graphics on the pages.

A book says it is possible to create hidden instances of IE, opening
script files and scanning for the information wanted. Yet VBA rejects
the following line saying that "User-defined type not defined."

Dim oIE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

How and where do I find the correct object library and how do I install
it? or is ther just something I am doing wrong? I have IE 6.0 and
scanned and found SHDocVw.dll.

Thanks!

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks to you both, that did the trick. Very helpful replies