Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

to add another approach:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP12.phx .gbl

I was successful with innertext while the OP used innerhtml I think both
are valid, but it may depend on the what you want and what is available on
the page.

Tom Ogilvy

"Pslm1271 " wrote in message
I've written several VBA macros in Excel to collect data from select
websites daily, but would like to speed up the process. Currently, I
just open each webpage as a workbook which can take a lot of time
depending on the amount of graphics on the pages.

A book says it is possible to create hidden instances of IE, opening
script files and scanning for the information wanted. Yet VBA rejects
the following line saying that "User-defined type not defined."

Dim oIE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

How and where do I find the correct object library and how do I install
it? or is ther just something I am doing wrong? I have IE 6.0 and
scanned and found SHDocVw.dll.

Thanks!

---