Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reportable Error in xla - Desperate

Hi
Please help.....

A serious reportable error prevents me opening a developmental xla which has
taken a long time to write and the only safe copy I have is several days old.

Converting it to an xls still does not get me anywhere.

How can I recover from this disastrous situation?

Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Geoff,
Change the extension to .xls and disable macros when opening the file.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Geoff"
wrote in message
Hi
Please help.....
A serious reportable error prevents me opening a developmental xla which has
taken a long time to write and the only safe copy I have is several days old.

Converting it to an xls still does not get me anywhere.

How can I recover from this disastrous situation?

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some tips here...
http://www.fdrlab.com/tips/excel.html
No, I don't know anything about the company or their services.
I would make a copy of the file before making any recovery efforts.
--

wrote in message
Hi
Please help.....
A serious reportable error prevents me opening a developmental xla which has
taken a long time to write and the only safe copy I have is several days old.

Converting it to an xls still does not get me anywhere.

How can I recover from this disastrous situation?

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim
ok I set the security to ask for permission to open macros which I then
denied and that enabled me to get into the file.

Phew...... At least I can now begin to sort out where the problem may be.

Many thanks for your help, I WAS beginning to panic.

Geoff

wrote in message
Hi
Please help.....
A serious reportable error prevents me opening a developmental xla which has
taken a long time to write and the only safe copy I have is several days old.

Converting it to an xls still does not get me anywhere.

How can I recover from this disastrous situation?

Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware

wrote in message
Hi
Please help.....
A serious reportable error prevents me opening a developmental xla which has
taken a long time to write and the only safe copy I have is several days old.

Converting it to an xls still does not get me anywhere.

How can Irecoverfrom this disastrous situation?

Geoff

Maybe you can try a popular Excel file recovery tool called Advanced
Excel Repair to repair your Excel file. It is a powerful tool to
repair corrupt or damaged Excel files.

Detailed information about Advanced Excel Repair can be found at
http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aer/aer.exe

Hope this will help.

Alan