Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorry, But Getting Desperate

I regret having to post this problem with two groups but
have been given deadline and cannot afford to not get
project in as requested.

I have evidently gone brain dead as my problem can't be
that rare or difficult but I am going in circles trying
to figure out what I am missing, so, this dummy needs
help:

Have a form with a combo box whose source is a worksheet
column of specific dates which are in the format mm/dd/yy.

When you click on the combo box on the form you see a
listing of the dates and they are shown in the format
mm/dd/yy as they are in source column on worksheet.

When you select the date you want, the value that
shows as the selected date is suddenly converted and
shows in decimal format, such as 37930. I want to retain
the original date format, mm/dd/yy.

Have the same problem with another combo box that is used
to select time values.

What do I need to do to get the selected value in the
combo boxes to retain the format they started with?

What code statements, AND WHERE DO I PUT THEM, to resolve
what I am sure is an easy fix for most of you folks?

Any help greatly, greatly appreciated!
..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi cody,

Putting this code behind the UserForm (double-click the ComboBox to get
there) should help:

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
ComboBox1.Text = Format$(ComboBox1.Value, "mm/dd/yy")
End Sub

Of course, you'll have to change ComboBox1 to whatever your control is
named.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com