Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert Time Column to Text

I have a spreadsheet that contains Artist, Song and Length of Song info that
was created by a music collection software. EXAMPLE CELLS 1 shows the cell's
actual values and EXAMPLE CELLS 2 shows how it looks.

I'm looking for a way to actually convert all of the song length values in
Column C so they are text data type and look exactly like Column C values in
EXAMPLE CELLS 2.

So basically, Song 1 in cell C1 would be 03:50 and would mean 3 minutes and
50 seconds.

Is there a way to do this witha formula or does this require vba code?

** EXAMPLE CELLS 1 ***************

A B C
1 Artist1 Song1 12:03:50 AM
2 Artist2 Song2 12:03:42 AM
3 Artist3 Song3 12:04:02 AM

** EXAMPLE CELLS ***************

A B C
1 Artist1 Song1 03:50
2 Artist2 Song2 03:42
3 Artist3 Song3 04:02

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select those time cells; right-click and select Format Cells; click on the
Number tab; select Custom from the Category list; and put mm:ss in the Type
field; click OK.

Rick