Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default charts source data series copying

Hey all,

I have a chart that is linked to a data page within an XL workbook.
There is a main data page where I can have 5 or 6 column of data.
There is another data page called "Map1 Data" where I can select two
columns of data to compare. I then have a chart called "Map1" that
gets updated "Chart_Activate" based on what columns are chosen.

Once I am happy with the columns I am comparing is there a way to
copy and paste the chart into another worksheet with just the data
(and no lins to "Map1 Data" so that the chart no longer get updated
if I change the columns that I am comparing in the "Map1 Data" worksheet?

Thanks in advance,

Lance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is the chart embedded on the data sheet? If so, copy the data sheet with the
chart, then copy the new data on top of the data in the copied sheet. If
not, save and close the file, make a copy with a new name, open both, and
move the chart and data sheets from the copied file into the original file.

Or you could copy the chart and paste it in the other sheet, then use this
utility to change the sheet name references in the series formula:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html

The sheet names have to be entered exactly the way they appear (including
capitalization) and care has to be taken to make sure single quotes are
included around names with special characters (dashes and spaces).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions