Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Freeze Panes- Windows Split

Why does a sheet with Windows Split or Windows Freeze Panes give a
different result for the ActiveCell detected?

I have one user who always uses the window split and it messes things
up. Or how do I get the ActiveCell even if the window is split?

Since I never use this window split, I always forget that is what
someone might do.

Sub chkCell()
Dim test
test = ActiveCell.Address
MsgBox (test)
End Sub

Thanks,
scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob,
Excel 2003
I use the active cell to determine input the user is providing.
Based on the cell they are in, additional content is filled in for
them.

I do have a command button from the forms toolbox in the header row
which calls the macro doing all of this.
So they may fill in an entry of MAR1023 in cell D963 (or some other)
row.

With freeze panes the activecell is determined as D963 (or anyother)
windows split comes back as A1 even if the button is positioned round
column G or H.

I thought perhaps the button position was related.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:34:32 -0400, "Bob Umlas"
wrote:

Works fine for me whether or not the windows are split. Do you have more
details?

.. .