Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying tabs from one spreadsheet to an other

I have two questions for a macro that I am writing.

I am creating a macro that resides in a Project Master spreadsheet that
creates estimates by opening an Estimating Template, populating it with job
specific information, and saves it with the project name. The Project Master
populates the Estimating Template by copying tabs from the Project Master to
the Estimating Template. When this happens a pop-up message appears that is
not needed. This message is asking if I want to use the names on the
Estimating Template and the answer would always be €œYes€. The following is
how the message reads:

A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name €˜***, which
already exists on the destination worksheet. Do you want to use this version
of the name?...

The following is the codes that I am using:

Sheets(Array("SUMMARY METRICS", "DETAIL & UNIT METRICS")).Select
Sheets("DETAIL & UNIT METRICS").Activate
Sheets(Array("SUMMARY METRICS", "DETAIL & UNIT METRICS")).Copy Befo= _
Workbooks("Estimating Template Master.xls").Sheets(9)

Question 1) How do I get the above pop-up message to stop and to always be
€œYes€? - Other than this pop-up message these links are working correctly.

The second question pertains to saving the Estimating Template as a project.
As I do this the source tabs (SUMMARY METRICS", "DETAIL & UNIT METRICS) on
the Project Master get linked to the new project when they need to stay
linked to the Estimating Template.

Question 2) Is there a way of saving the Estimating Template to a new name
while the Project Master is open and still having the links from the (SUMMARY
METRICS", "DETAIL & UNIT METRICS) tabs still be linked to the original
Estimating Template? Or would writing a macro that runs as the Project
Master is open that updates or reassigns the links to the Estimating Template
be a better solution for this issue?