Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC

As an ACT! 2005 Premium for Workgroups User, I export Opportunity records to
Excel. Exports to Excel 2000 work fine, but if the user has Excel 2003, we
get the error "Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A03EC". Has anyone found a
workaround for getting Excel 2003 to work? Thanks.
--
Steve C
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) environment and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,

Thank you for your response. After trying the settings suggested, I'm still
getting the same error. From what I've been reading on this topic, it may be
related to ACT! trying to open a separate instance of the Excel application.
Do you know of any means to cause this not to happen when Excel is launched
by ACT!?

-- Steve C

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) environment and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to see if there is any instance of Excel already running
before your code gets to this part and issue a prompt for the user to close
it down before proceeding Would this suffice?

Mark

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I discovered something interesting by accident today. With Excel closed, I
run the export from ACT! and get the error, as usual. But if I open another
Excel file in Windows Explorer (not through File Open in Excel, but rather
by double-clicking an existing file), not only does that file open, but my
export from ACT! opens with it! Very strange. This does not happen if I
open Excel by itself or if I open that same Explorer file from within Excel.

It's as if the export from ACT is initially being "hidden" from view and
doesn't get triggered until I open another Excel file via Explorer. The
export appears to stay in "memory" in Excel for as long as I'm logged on. In
investigating this error, I've read how some programs open a separate
instance of Excel to display the data, and perhaps that is happening here.
Now that I know this is happening, I can at least do this "work-around" to
see my data, but it sure is odd!
--
Steve C

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the link. I have seen that solution, but it may be difficult to
trigger that type of programming when ACT opens its instance of Excel to dump
its data. We'll continue looking into it.

Further testing revealed that what I thought was a solution (my previous
post) was not. Not all the records export in to 2003 as I had thought. Only
Excel 2000 works for doing that.
--
Steve C

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error
messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual
Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and
Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

I am not familiar with ACT.

What is ACT?

Can you give me some more information on what you are using it for and what
you expect to accomplish?

Maybe with a better understanding of this, I can be of further assistance.

Mark

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error
messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual
Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and
Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark,

ACT! is a contact management database software. Our execs use it to store
contact information on sales leads, create opportunity records, etc. Because
the built in reporting capabilities of ACT! are somewhat limited, we like to
export records to Excel for further manipulation. "Export to Excel" is a
feature of ACT! for the records we wish to export.

Thanks again for your time and efforts to help.
--
Steve C

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error
messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to Visual
Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97 and
Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not trying to push this off on someone else, but it sounds like this is more
a problem with ACT than Excel. Have you tried the User Groups for ACT (
http://community.act.com/sage/board?board.id=Pub_Dev )?

They might be able to offer a better solution.

Mark Ivey

"Mark Ivey" wrote:

See if this helps...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282830/

Programmatic access to Office VBA project is denied

SYMPTOMS
Code that is written to automate an Office application and
programmatically
manipulate the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
environment
and
object model may fail on Office with one of the following error
messages:

From Visual Basic or VBA:
HRESULT = 0x800A17B4 (-2146822220) "Programmatic Access to
Visual
Basic
Project is not trusted"
The same code works without error on computers with Office 97
and
Office
2000.

Mark Ivey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi There,

I think I have just figured out this problem after having it myself.

I looked up a company in Act and managed to export the list of contacts
from that company to excel no problems.

So I went and had a look in my opportunites list to see what I had
recently changed. Turns out it was the "Details" Column that was causing
the problem.

If I went into Customise Columns and removed the Details Column and then
tried to Export it worked fine.

Hope this Helps

Ben