Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Slow Program

Hello,

I am loading a 14,000 line range into an array.

I am then looping through each element of that array, and using the find
method, am checking to see if that value is in a 40,000 line range in
another workbook.

This is running hopelessly slow, taking 30 minutes to execute.

Screenupdating and Calcuation are both off.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ariel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try loading the 40000 line range into a second array. Depending on how you
access the cells in the range, you can greatly change the speed of the
routine. Also, you might try a binary lookup on a sorted array.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions