Ken

Default Excel slow to close file/program

Hi Experts,
It takes very long time (minutes) for me to close file or exit Excel
program.This happens with small excel file, so it is not about the file size.
Also, I have scanned virus on my computer and there is none. Other program
does not have this problem, so I assume it is specific for excel. Does any
one have any idea what might be wrong?
Dave Peterson

One of the things excel does when you close it is to save the customized toolbar
file *.xlb.

With excel closed, search for *.xlb (through hidden folders and for hidden
files!)

Then rename all the *.xlb files you find to *.xlbOLD
then start excel and test it out.

If it worked ok, then delete those *.xlbOLD files. And rebuild any
customizations you've made.

If it didn't work ok, then rename the *.xlbOLD files back to *.xlb.

--

Dave Peterson
Gord Dibben

In Outlook application, do you have Journalling enabled?

This can slow Excel down considerably when closing.

In Outlook........ToolsOptionsPreferencesJournal Options.

Uncheck Excel.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP