Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo Box linking

I have a combo box names Client it contains (First, MI, Last) Names. I would
like to be able to load this box automaticly upon the open of the Workbook,
also need to link the selected name to a text box that needs to be filled in
from another Worksheet based on the Client selected my code is as follows:

On Error GoTo ErrFill
Sheets(InvSht).Activate
Idx2 = 0
With Client
.Clear
End With
Sheets(ActSht).Activate
Idx1 = 3
Set MyCell = ActiveSheet.Range("B3")
Do
If MyCell.Value = "" Then
Exit Do
Else
ClntNme = ActiveSheet.Cells(Idx1, 3).Value & " "
ClntNme = ClntNme & ActiveSheet.Cells(Idx1, 4).Value & " "
ClntNme = ClntNme & ActiveSheet.Cells(Idx1, 2).Value
Idx1 = Idx1 + 1
Sheets(InvSht).Activate
With Client
.AddItem ClntNme
End With
Idx2 = Idx2 + 1
Sheets(ActSht).Activate
Set MyCell = MyCell.Offset(1, 0)
End If
Loop
Any thoughts on how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rick,

I would like to help, but you just don't have enough information posted
here. Is this for a userform or do you have your controls embedded in a
worksheet?

See if you can list some detail about each control and how you want to
handle the mechanics. Then either myself or someone else in this newsgroup
should be able to help out a bit more.

Worst case, you could email what you have to me and I could hammer out a
fix. Just alter my email address to exclude NOSPAM.

Let me know...

Mark Ivey

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark:
This is all in a Excel Workbook, no forms
sheet1=Invoice,sheet2=Accounts,sheet3=insurance_co des,sheet4=Printed_Invoice.
All of the combo_box's are on the sheet1. The finished product is sheet4.
The data is on sheets 2 & 3.
When selecting the person, I want to link to Printed_Invoice and overlay the
Persons name,address,city,state, as well as having the combo_box be loaded
only once upon the opening of the workbook