Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Placing data in specific rows.

What you require can probably be done but I think it would require a full
copy of the data to ensure that any program does what is expected of it so
I'm sorry but I can't help.

OssieMac

"Dan" wrote:

Place Total Num. Lang.1. Num. Lang.2. Num. Lang.4 Num. Lang.4. Num.
Anakar Total 5228 Maithili 5096 Others 119 Nepali 13
Aurahi Total 7069 Maithili 6562 Nepali 279 Others 197 Urdu 31
Bagada Total 5770 Maithili 5492 Hindi 269 Others 9

That the way it looks like and I want to be consistent, have a look at
column Lang.2. I need to to be only 1 language - either only "others",
"Nepali" or "Hindi" in this column, and the move the other languages into
other columns. Sorry, my English is not good enough to explain. Like in
column "Lang.1" it is all Maithili only - I need to have the rest of
languages (and there are about 130 dialects only) to be placed 1 per column.
I hope it makes sense to you.

Dan.

"OssieMac" wrote:

Hi Dan,

I can't really understand the problem. Can you post a few rows of your data
as it is and then post a few rows of what you want it to be?

OssieMac

"Dan" wrote:

Hey guys,
I need help in this, my spreadsheet has records that goes: Column A:
"Place", Column B "Urdu" followed by figures, Column D "Hindi" also some
figures follow it etc. And the second row is vise versa, except for Column A,
i.e. Columns B and C and the rest have set of languages in different order
from Row 1. I need to place them the languages in the same pattern as 1st
row, so the the rest of rows have the same order of languages. Anybody can
help me with it?

Dan.