Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Text to columns

I have data in the form of 2.00 x 3.00 x 5.00 CRS. I want to seperate the
CRS into a new column. Sometimes there is only 2 values before crs such as
2.00 x 4.00 CRS, but what I want to seperate is always last and always has a
space before it. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DKS DKS is offline

You have answered your question yourself.

Use the TEXT TO COLUMNS option.

When prompted for fixed width or delimited by, select delimited by. On the
next selection screen specify "space".
On the next selection screen, you can always decide which columns to "SKIP".

That should help you get the CRS in a new column, or even avoid getting CRS
(if you use SKIP option).

"Bill" wrote:

I have data in the form of 2.00 x 3.00 x 5.00 CRS. I want to seperate the
CRS into a new column. Sometimes there is only 2 values before crs such as
2.00 x 4.00 CRS, but what I want to seperate is always last and always has a
space before it. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:40:00 -0800, Bill
wrote:

I have data in the form of 2.00 x 3.00 x 5.00 CRS. I want to seperate the
CRS into a new column. Sometimes there is only 2 values before crs such as
2.00 x 4.00 CRS, but what I want to seperate is always last and always has a
space before it. Can anyone help?

Thanks
Bill

This UDF will return the last word in a string:

====================
Function LastWord(str As String) As String
LastWord = Split(str)(UBound(Split(str)))
End Function

If there might be trailing spaces, then:

Function LastWord(str As String) As String
LastWord = Split(Trim(str))(UBound(Split(Trim(str))))
End Function
--ron