Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DKS DKS is offline

Default Replace existing custom toolbar with an updated version

Hi,

I have a custom toolbar that is used by me and several of my colleagues. I
have made some improvements to the toolbar based on requests of my colleagues
but I am unable to distribute it to them.

For whatever reason their .xls stick to the previous version. I have tried
explicitly attaching the toolbar to a workbook and asking the colleagues to
use the concerned workbook, but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas on how I could get their .xls to discard the old version and use
the new version of the custom toolbar? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know whether I would be able to answer your question or not,
but I had a similar software developed using VBA:

What I did was this:

Run this subroutine

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose()

-- Application.CommandBars("your toolbar name").Delete

End Sub

And then you can put the new toolbar in the Workbook_BeforeOpen
Subroutine

Regards,
Ravi

On Feb 28, 10:16*am, DKS wrote:
Hi,

I have a custom toolbar that is used by me and several of my colleagues. *I
have made some improvements to the toolbar based on requests of my colleagues
but I am unable to distribute it to them.

For whatever reason their .xls stick to the previous version. *I have tried
explicitly attaching the toolbar to a workbook and asking the colleagues to
use the concerned workbook, but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas on how I could get their .xls to discard the old version and use
the new version of the custom toolbar? *All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DKS DKS is offline

Thanks for your tip. I will give it a try. But I sure as hell hope that
there is a better way to do it because I have many colleagues who are using
it, and if I need all of them to run a macro to clean up their files and get
a new version then it is going to be a pain.