-   -   Replace existing custom toolbar with an updated version (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406858-replace-existing-custom-toolbar-updated-version.html)

DKS

Replace existing custom toolbar with an updated version

Hi,

I have a custom toolbar that is used by me and several of my colleagues. I
have made some improvements to the toolbar based on requests of my colleagues
but I am unable to distribute it to them.

For whatever reason their .xls stick to the previous version. I have tried
explicitly attaching the toolbar to a workbook and asking the colleagues to
use the concerned workbook, but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas on how I could get their .xls to discard the old version and use
the new version of the custom toolbar? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

freshforlife

Replace existing custom toolbar with an updated version

I don't know whether I would be able to answer your question or not,
but I had a similar software developed using VBA:

What I did was this:

Run this subroutine

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose()

-- Application.CommandBars("your toolbar name").Delete

End Sub

And then you can put the new toolbar in the Workbook_BeforeOpen
Subroutine

Regards,
Ravi

On Feb 28, 10:16*am, DKS wrote:
Hi,

I have a custom toolbar that is used by me and several of my colleagues. *I
have made some improvements to the toolbar based on requests of my colleagues
but I am unable to distribute it to them.

For whatever reason their .xls stick to the previous version. *I have tried
explicitly attaching the toolbar to a workbook and asking the colleagues to
use the concerned workbook, but it does not seem to work.

Any ideas on how I could get their .xls to discard the old version and use
the new version of the custom toolbar? *All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

DKS

Replace existing custom toolbar with an updated version

Thanks for your tip. I will give it a try. But I sure as hell hope that
there is a better way to do it because I have many colleagues who are using
it, and if I need all of them to run a macro to clean up their files and get
a new version then it is going to be a pain.