Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default reoganizing data that has been scanned into excel

I am not sure that this can be done but I am scanning a list of people,
address, city state and zip
I can get it into excel but haven't figured out how to get into a format
that will allow me to export it to a CSV so that i can be imported into a
database

The data looks like this in the spreadsheet.

Name first name other name
Company
Address (streee city st zip)
Phone
email
other info
even more info

I will have about 4000 names to deal with so some method of transposing all
of this would be a real help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are using OCS type scan, there should not be a problem. You should be
able to select it, move it and format it once it is scanned to the document.
But if you are scanning it as a picture, it won't work.

"Rod Dakan" wrote:

I am not sure that this can be done but I am scanning a list of people,
address, city state and zip
I can get it into excel but haven't figured out how to get into a format
that will allow me to export it to a CSV so that i can be imported into a
database

The data looks like this in the spreadsheet.

Name first name other name
Company
Address (streee city st zip)
Phone
email
other info
even more info

I will have about 4000 names to deal with so some method of transposing all
of this would be a real help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I am scanning and using OCR and exporting to a PDF as that is the only
option. But using some software that will convert the PDF to excel then puts
the data into excel. but it looks just like it did on the sheet of paper.

What I need now is to get all the data for each name on one row so that I
can export it as a CSV so it can be imported into a database.

Rod

"Rod Dakan" wrote:

I am not sure that this can be done but I am scanning a list of people,
address, city state and zip
I can get it into excel but haven't figured out how to get into a format
that will allow me to export it to a CSV so that i can be imported into a
database

The data looks like this in the spreadsheet.

Name first name other name
Company
Address (streee city st zip)
Phone
email
other info
even more info

I will have about 4000 names to deal with so some method of transposing all
of this would be a real help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check a reply to your posting in the other news group.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP