Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pass Variable to another Sub

Hey everyone, i need some help. I am trying to pass a variable to another
sub. I will need to pass 3-4 variables total, so if my example wont allllow
for this please let me know what i need to do. I did look at other posts
but was not able to find something that worked ( or i didnt know it would).
Im not that knowegable in programing.

Sub Wall()
Dim WallEl As Single
WallEl = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

Sub NextWall()
Range("a2") = WallEl
End Sub

Thanks for your help in advance

jared
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There might be a more sophisticated way, but the way that I do it is:

Macro1: Worksheets(1).Range("IV65535") = myVar
Macro2: myVar = Worksheets(1).Value

Place the value of your variable some place on a worksheet that will not
interfere with your code, calculations, additions or deletions. Remember
that if you use
the UsedRange constant that it will incorporate the cell with that value.
If you are the sole user of the workbook, you could use a different sheet
than the one your primary data base is on. But there might be a better way.

"CSUS_CE_Student" wrote:

Hey everyone, i need some help. I am trying to pass a variable to another
sub. I will need to pass 3-4 variables total, so if my example wont allllow
for this please let me know what i need to do. I did look at other posts
but was not able to find something that worked ( or i didnt know it would).
Im not that knowegable in programing.

Sub Wall()
Dim WallEl As Single
WallEl = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

Sub NextWall()
Range("a2") = WallEl
End Sub

Thanks for your help in advance

jared

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jared,

You can declare WallEl as Global variable and then can make use of its
value in NextWall() subroutine:

Sub Wall()
Dim WallEl As Single
WallEl = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

Sub NextWall()
Range("a2").value = WallEl
End Sub

I believe your requirement is something different, if you need to pass
3-4 variables to a subroutine, let me know the actual code and I will
help you out.

Regards,
Ravi

On Feb 26, 6:52*pm, CSUS_CE_Student
wrote:
Hey everyone, * i need some help. * I am trying to pass a variable to another
sub. *I will need to pass 3-4 variables total, so if my example wont allllow
for this please let me know what i need to do. * I did look at other posts
but was not able to find something that worked ( or i didnt know it would).. *
Im not that knowegable in programing.

Sub Wall()
Dim WallEl As Single
WallEl = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

Sub NextWall()
Range("a2") = WallEl
End Sub

Thanks for your help in advance

jared

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is an alternative approach:

Sub dural()
Dim s1 As String, s2 As String, s3 As String
s1 = "QWERTY"
s2 = "poiuy"
s3 = "MJUYT"
Call littleguy(s1, s2, s3)
End Sub

Sub littleguy(a As String, b As String, c As String)
MsgBox (a & b & c)
Gary''s Student - gsnu200770

"CSUS_CE_Student" wrote:

Hey everyone, i need some help. I am trying to pass a variable to another
sub. I will need to pass 3-4 variables total, so if my example wont allllow
for this please let me know what i need to do. I did look at other posts
but was not able to find something that worked ( or i didnt know it would).
Im not that knowegable in programing.

Sub Wall()
Dim WallEl As Single
WallEl = Range("a1").Value
End Sub

Sub NextWall()
Range("a2") = WallEl
End Sub

Thanks for your help in advance

jared

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Or you could just pass the value to the other sub:

Option Explicit
Sub Wall()
Dim WallE1 as Double 'don't bother with Single
WallE1 = activesheet.range("a1").value
Call NextWall(someval:=WallE1)
End Sub

Sub NextWall(SomeVal as Double)