Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a view of another workbook

Hi

I have a workbook post.xls which has data already entered on it. I am
intending to create a button on each of 3 other spreadsheets (issue, paid
and pending) to open a view of the post.xls to allow users to select which
records which they want to import into 1 of 3 spreadsheets.

I can't think of any way to display the post spreadsheet as a view to allow
the users to make their selections. Can anyone point me in the right
direction please?

Thanks

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Your post is a bit broad and open ended for people to want to tackle I
think - hence no replies.
1. Are the 3 other spreadsheets sheets in the same workbook or three
different workbooks?
2. What does "open a view" mean? What do you want to see (the whole
sheet, one or two columns, one or two headings...)??
3. "Select" can mean a lot of different things, depending on your
clarification to question 2.

Be very specific about what you want. If your post is looking too long
(also puts people off), then break it down into several smaller ones.
regards
Paul

On Feb 25, 10:57*am, "Wendy" wrote:
Hi

I have a workbook post.xls which has data already entered on it. *I am
intending to create a button on each of 3 other spreadsheets (issue, paid
and pending) to open a view of the post.xls to allow users to select which
records which they want to import into 1 of 3 spreadsheets.

I can't think of any way to display the post spreadsheet as a view to allow
the users to make their selections. *Can anyone point me in the right
direction please?

Thanks

Wendy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Paul

Thanks for the advice.
Hopefully this will clarify .....
3 different work books. Open a view I meant a mini window view of data
entered into the post spreadsheet Columns A,B, and C and the row number.
My idea was the user clicks on the row number which would highlight the data
in all 3 columns and copy to the active sheet in the open workbook.

Wendy