Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default NMEA input

I am trying to find a way of receiving NMEA data from the comm port into an
Excel Sheet.

NMEA is the protocol used by devices such as GPS to connect to laptops. NMEA
0183 is one of the standards.

Any ideas on how I should get started on this would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hmm

I have had a good look around but not having much luck. Seems like I might
be able to get input by using Hyperterminal. Will have to figure out from
there perhaps how to get this out to a text file and then macro the text
file into Excel.

Do you think If I started studying C++ I might figure out how to do this, or
will I be wasting my time?

TIA