Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Horiztonal page breaks and Margins feb08

Hi All,
I have some general questions at the end of this background info:

I'm building an app in an addin that prints route "books" where each book
is a worksheet. A manger control's his/her Excel workbook where there will
be 10-15 route worksheets.

A printed page is NOT 8.5x11 inches, but smaller. Paper size is the same
for all mangers.
A manager can set the rows per page for each route, RowsPPg is the
variable.

I currently use horizontal page breaks for the pages, (there is only 1
vertical break per Ws) but I found that the processing is very slow when
pages, (the RowsPPg quantity of rows) are inserted / deleted and I have to
reset the horizontal break when more than a few pages are in play.

I have lots of working code page inserts and deletions, the row
height which controls the rows that can print on 1 page, font size, etc.

It occurred to me that if I fool with the upper and lower margins in the
Excel page setup for each route Ws, the page breaks will be "set" by Excel
and I woult not have to control the horizontal break.

Q1. Generally, sounds like the right way to go ?

Q2. I know that some trial and error will be involved, but, how close to
the bottom of a piece of paper will I be able to print ?
2a. Is there a way to override the "fix margin" messages that I get
sometimes ?
2b. Do I now have to worry about the kinds of printers the mangers
will use to print the books ? The company has many kinds of printers.

Thanks much,
Neal Z.

--
Neal Z