Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Debra Dalgleish's clearing old items from Pivot Table dropdowns

Hi.

I was hoping to direct this question directly to Debra as she wrote the code
but if anyone else can assist feel free to reply.

I used the code on http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html (I'm using
Excel 2000) to clear old items from the drop-downs. It took over 30 minutes
to complete.

On completion I clicked on a drop-down and Excel shut down - frustrating!!
I repeated this procedure, saved the file on completion, closed the file and
then tried to re-open the file. Again the file caused Excel to shut-down,
this time before the file opened.

Have you ever experienced this?

I also tried the manual way suggested. Although it didn't crash it didn't
get rid of the old items.

I should also point out there are approximately 10 worksheets within the
workbook, with the majority haveing a pivot table on them. I took your (and
others) advice and used the same data to use less data. Does this create a
problem?

Andrew