Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ChartObjects problem - can you check if a ChartObject is"full/contains data"?

Have a funny little problem here guys. I have a program the firstly
calls a function that creates 6 blank ChartObjects. The function
returns them so that they are stored in an array called Chart(x) where
x can be 1 to 6.

The code then reads in a number from a cell which is stored in a
variable called PlotNumber. This number is the number of the chart on
which to plot a range of data. So if PlotNumber = 3, then Chart(3)
would be the chart to have the data plotted on it.

The range selected is actually dependent on the PlotNumber as well,
but that is nothing to worry about with this problem. Anyway, my code
to write the data onto the chart:

Set ChartRange =
Worksheets("Data").Range(RangeTemp(PlotNumber).Add ress)

Chart(PlotNumber).Select
ActiveChart.SetSourceData (ChartRange)

This works perfectly. The problem comes when I decide I want to plot a
different set of data on a different chart. Let's say that Chart 3
already has data on it but I now want to put some data on to Chart 1
whilst keeping the same data on Chart 3. Ideally I would like a
function or a subroutine that could handle this so that I can just
read in the PlotNumber, pass it to the function/sub and then plot that
data whilst retaining all the other charts as they were previously.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't understand. If PlotNumber is 1, why does ChartObject(3) care what
happens?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP