Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need help with handling localized currency formatting.

I have a program that was written for my office here in the US and now
I need to make it work for the some people in an office in Canada
where they mainly use French(Canada) regional settings. The program
will periodically save variable data to a worksheet to bring it back
later.

When I save the data with French settings, the data will appear on the
sheet like this, "1000,50". Now when I try and bring that data back
on an English machine the double variable can't handle the ',' in the
number and it Type Mismatches. The same is for the opposite, save it
on English and load it in French.

Anyone have any ideas on how to overcome this?