Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

Default VBE question

Hello -

I have to think that this question has been asked before, but repeated
search attempts turned up nothing ... probably just searching with the
wrong terms ...

In the VBE, how are the Worksheets in a Project ordered? For
instance, when I open a Project, I would expect that the sheets would
be listed in CodeName order (Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc) but they're
not. And they're not in order of the 'assigned' name either. In
fact, I don't see ANY order at all .... am I missing something?

Perhaps a better question would be: Is there a way to put them in
order, either by CodeName or assigned name?

Thanks,
ray
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

Hi Nigel -

Thanks for answering... Mine are most definitely NOT in any type of
discernible order ... and I don't remember it ever being in order. I
looked all over the VBE menus and don't see anything that would seem
to help.

//ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ray" wrote in message
Hello -

I have to think that this question has been asked before, but repeated
search attempts turned up nothing ... probably just searching with the
wrong terms ...

In the VBE, how are the Worksheets in a Project ordered? For
instance, when I open a Project, I would expect that the sheets would
be listed in CodeName order (Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc) but they're
not. And they're not in order of the 'assigned' name either. In
fact, I don't see ANY order at all .... am I missing something?

Perhaps a better question would be: Is there a way to put them in
order, either by CodeName or assigned name?

Thanks,
ray

I think they're listed in the order they're created, BUT...I have renamed
the sheet codenames and the sheets DO reorder themselves then. For example,
if the sheet order in VBE is

Sheet3
Sheet4
Sheet5
Sheet1
Sheet2

and I rename them Sheet300, Sheet400, Sheet500, Sheet100, and Sheet200
respectively, they will order themselves in the VBE in ascending order.

HTH.

-gk-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ray Ray is offline

I thought they were listed in the order in which they were created as
well .... but this doesn't seem to be the case! I have a workbook
with 20 sheets (with unique names, ie NOT "sheet1") and when inserted
a new sheet, it appeared in the VBE as Sheet15(Sheet1) and is right in
the middle of the other sheets ...

Is it possible that I have some kind of VBE 'setting' switching on/off
that should be off/on? I looked all around, but didn't see
anything ...